The primary objective of the School curriculum is to produce students who will develop cognitively, socially and emotionally and will be equipped with skills that will enable them to survive, excel and contribute to the building of their societies. The learning acquired by the students will hone their multiple competencies and make them employable and pro-active. Based on Professor Howard Gardner’s research on ‘Five minds for the future’ encapsulating the specific cognitive abilities that will be sought and cultivated by leaders in the years ahead, the school will work towards inculcating the following ethos in the students:
- The Disciplinary Mind: the mastery of major schools of thought, including science, mathematics, and history, and of at least one professional craft.
- The Synthesizing Mind: the ability to integrate ideas from different disciplines or spheres into a coherent whole and to communicate that integration to others.
- The Creating Mind: the capacity to uncover and clarify new problems, questions and phenomena.
- The Respectful Mind: awareness of and appreciation for differences among human beings and human groups.
- The Ethical Mind: fulfillment of one’s responsibilities as a worker and as a citizen.
CLICK TO VIEW SOME OF OUR BALA CONCEPT PHOTOS: